Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- studying plans and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures
- erecting and dismantling restricted height scaffolding
- sealing foundations with damp-resistant materials and spreading layers of mortar to serve as base and binder for blocks using trowels
- laying bricks in rows, designs and shapes, and spreading mortar between joints
- embedding blocks in mortar and removing excess mortar
- checking vertical and horizontal alignment
- cutting, shaping and polishing stones and bricks using machines and hand tools, and shaping bricks to fit irregular spaces
- repairing and maintaining bricks, cement blocks and related structures
- designing and cutting monumental masonry and lettering
- constructing walls using stone slabs and large masonry slab blocks
- cutting, polishing, joining and installing stone kitchen benchtops
- may prepare base and bedding course and lay segmental paving
Occupations in this unit group
331111 - Bricklayer
Lays bricks, pre-cut stone and other types of building blocks in mortar to construct and repair walls, partitions, arches, segmental paving and other structures. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
- Brick Paver
- Refractory Bricklayer
331112 - Stonemason
Cuts and shapes hard and soft stone blocks and masonry slabs to construct and renovate stone structures, kitchen benchtops and monumental masonry. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
- Monumental Stonemason
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation