To be eligible for the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) – Points-tested stream, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be invited to apply for the visa
- Have a suitable skills assessment for your nominated skilled occupation obtained within the 60-day invitation period
- Be under 45 years of age when you receive the invitation
- Score at least 65 points on the points test
- Have at least competent English at the time of invitation
- Have an occupation on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations for the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) – Points-tested stream
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Have paid back any debt to the Australian government
- Sign the Australian values statement
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused in Australia
Submit an EOI in SkillSelect to let us know you would like to apply for the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) – Points-tested stream. You will be ranked against other intending applicants and might be invited to apply for the visa if you score enough points. If you receive an invitation, your invitation will state the number of points you must score when the Australian Department of Home Affairs assesses your application for the visa. Lodge your application and provide evidence supporting your claims, including your suitable skills assessment and your level of English language. Our expert migration consultants can assist you with the application process, providing you with services, expertise, guidance, experience, and ongoing support.
Please note that the above structure is just a suggestion and can be customised to fit the specific requirements and benefits of each visa type.
Checkout the lastest information
June 15, 2023