Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- determining plasterboard layout, and installing insulation and vapour barriers
- measuring, marking and cutting plasterboard, lifting and positioning plasterboard, and securing them to walls, ceilings and battens
- preparing corner beads and securing them in position
- fixing plaster and paper cornices, panel mouldings, ceiling centres and other plaster fittings
- covering joints and screw fixings with wet plaster and sealing compounds, and smoothing them using wet brushes and sandpaper
- mixing and applying coats of plaster, cement and render to structures using trowels, and levelling and smoothing coats to uniform thickness
- plumbing and straightening corners, angles and wall and ceiling surfaces
- creating decorative textures in finishing coats
- applying and finishing acoustic, insulating and fireproofing materials
Occupations in this unit group
333211 - Plasterer (Wall and Ceiling)
- Drywall Plasterer
- Wall and Ceiling Fixer
Applies and fixes plasterboard partitions, suspended ceilings, fire rating systems, acoustic ceiling panels, and composite wall linings to buildings. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
- Ceiling Fixer
333212 - Renderer (Solid Plaster)
- Solid Plasterer
Applies decorative and protective coverings of plaster, cement and similar materials to the interiors and exteriors of structures. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation