Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) – Significant Investor stream
Looking to invest at least AUD5 million in Australian investments and maintain investment activity in Australia? The Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) – Significant Investor Stream may be for you. This provisional visa allows you to invest in Australian investments that meet certain requirements and maintain investment activity in Australia.
To be eligible for the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) – Significant Investor stream, you must meet the following requirements:
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and be invited to apply.
- Be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or Austrade before being invited to apply for this visa.
- Be able to invest at least AUD5 million in complying significant investments when invited to apply for the visa. The investments must be made in venture capital and growth private equity funds, approved managed funds, and managed funds.
- Not have a history of involvement in business or investment activities that are of a nature that is not generally acceptable in Australia.
- Have functional English language skills.
- Meet the health and character requirements.
- Sign the Australian values statement.
- Have no outstanding debts owed to the Australian government.
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused in Australia.
Complying Significant Investments
If you were invited to apply on or after 1 July 2021, you must make (on or after the time of application for this visa) a complying significant investment of at least AUD5 million when the Australian Department of Home Affairs invites you to. The investment must be held for the life of your provisional visa and must be made in the following proportions:
- At least AUD1 million in venture capital and growth private equity funds that invest in start-ups and small private companies.
- At least AUD1.5 million in approved managed funds that invest in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- A ‘balancing investment’ of at least AUD2.5 million in managed funds that can invest in a range of assets, including Australian listed companies, corporate bonds or notes, annuities, and commercial real estate.
Direct investment in residential real estate is prohibited, and indirect investment in residential property through managed funds is strictly limited. The investments cannot be used as security or collateral for a loan. For more information about complying significant investments, refer to the Complying Investment Framework information sheet. For changes effective from 1 July 2021, see the Business Innovation and Investment Program: Getting a better deal for Australia.
Check your eligibility and apply for a Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) – Significant Investor stream with the assistance of our expert migration consultants. Simplify the process and benefit from our services, expertise, guidance, experience, and ongoing support.
Learn More: Book a Visa Consultation Today
Checkout the lastest information
December 11, 2023