Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Replacement Stream

Apply for the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Replacement Stream if you have lost time on your previous Temporary Graduate visa due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. This visa allows you to live, work, and study in Australia temporarily and bring your immediate family members with you.

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Replacement Stream, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Have held a relevant Temporary Graduate visa that was granted before 15 December 2021
  • Have lost time on your visa due to Australia’s COVID-19 travel restrictions
  • Not have had your Temporary Graduate visa, or any visa granted after you held your Temporary Graduate visa, cancelled, unless it was cancelled at your request
  • Be under 50 years of age
  • Hold a substantive visa, Bridging visa A, or Bridging visa B if you are in Australia at the time of application
  • Have adequate health insurance
  • Meet the health and character requirements
  • Sign the Australian values statement
  • Have no debt to the Australian Government


  • Stay in Australia for a period usually between 18 months and 5 years
  • Live, study, and work in Australia temporarily
  • Bring your immediate family members to stay with you

Application Process

Check your eligibility and apply for the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Replacement Stream with the help of our expert migration consultants. Simplify the process and benefit from our services, expertise, guidance, experience, and ongoing support.

Learn More: Book a Visa Consultation Today

Additional Information

  • If you were previously granted a Post Study Work visa for 2 years as a result of your Masters qualification, you will now receive 3 years
  • If you were previously granted a Graduate Work Stream visa for 18 months, you will now receive 2 years. Please note that this is a temporary measure and applicants should check the current period that applies when they lodge their application.
  • Hong Kong and British National Overseas passport holders may stay for 5 years