Dependent Child Visa (subclass 445): Ensuring Your Child’s Temporary Stay in Australia

The Dependent Child visa (subclass 445) is designed for children of parents who hold a temporary Partner or Dependent Child visa. This visa allows your child to stay in Australia temporarily while the parent’s permanent Partner visa is being processed.

Who is this Visa for?

This visa is for dependent children of parents who hold one of the following visas:

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for the Dependent Child visa (subclass 445), the child must:

  • Be a dependent child of a parent holding a relevant visa
  • Be sponsored by the same person sponsoring the visa-holding parent
  • Be under 18 years old or over 18 but financially dependent on the visa-holding parent
  • Meet health and character requirements
  • Sign the Australian values statement if 18 years of age or older
  • Repay any outstanding debts to the Australian government
  • Have consent to travel to Australia if under 18 years of age
  • Meet the best interests of the child requirement

Application Process

Applying for a Dependent Child visa (subclass 445) involves various steps, including checking eligibility, gathering required documents, and completing the application form. Migration Expert’s Registered Migration Consultants can guide you through the entire process, making it smoother and more manageable.

Book a Consultation with Our Migration Experts

Keep in Mind

It’s important to note that this visa does not grant permanent residency. It is a temporary visa that allows the child to remain in Australia while the parent’s permanent Partner visa is being processed. Additionally, children holding this visa must apply for the same permanent Partner visa as their parent before a decision is made on the parent’s application.

Why Choose Our Services?

At Migration Expert, we prioritize your family’s wellbeing. Our experienced consultants understand the complexities of the visa process and are here to provide you with the necessary guidance and support. With our expertise, you can ensure a hassle-free application for the Dependent Child visa (subclass 445).

Get Started with Expert Guidance and Support