Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 143): Your Path to Permanent Residency in Australia
The Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) is designed for parents of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens who wish to live in Australia permanently. This visa provides numerous benefits, including the ability to sponsor eligible family members for residency and the opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship if eligible.
What Are the Benefits of Subclass 143 Visa?
- Live in Australia as a permanent resident
- Sponsor eligible family members for permanent residency in Australia
- Apply for Australian citizenship if you meet the requirements
Before applying for the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143), ensure that you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen (unless applying for the Retirement Pathway).
- Meet the balance-of-family test (not required for Retirement Pathway applicants or Subclass 173 visa holders).
- Obtain an Assurance of Support (not required for Retirement Pathway applicants).
- Not have applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 870) at the time of applying.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Repay any outstanding debts to the Australian government.
- Sign the Australian values statement.
- Maintain adequate health insurance.
- Meet the genuine temporary stay requirement.
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused while in Australia.
Applying for a Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) can be complex, but our experienced migration consultants are here to help. We will guide you through the entire process, ensuring you meet all the requirements and providing support at every step.
If you held an Investor Retirement (subclass 405) or Retirement (subclass 410) visa on or before May 8, 2018, you might be eligible to apply for the Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) under the Retirement Pathway. Note that under this pathway, you do not need to meet the balance-of-family test, have an assurance of support, or have a sponsor.
For this visa, you need to be sponsored typically by an eligible child. If your child is under 18, you may be sponsored by an eligible relative or community organization. The sponsorship must be approved by the Department of Home Affairs.
The balance-of-family test evaluates whether at least half of your children live in Australia or that more of your children live in Australia than in any other country. This test is not applicable if you are applying through the Retirement Pathway or if you already hold a Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173).
Experience a Smooth Migration Journey
At Migration Expert, we understand the importance of family. Our team of professionals is committed to providing you with the best advice and assistance in your migration process. With our expertise, you can enjoy a smooth and hassle-free application for your Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143).
Checkout the lastest information
December 11, 2023