Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 870)
The Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 870) enables parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens to visit Australia for a duration of up to 3 or 5 years. This temporary visa is designed for parents who wish to spend time with their children and grandchildren in Australia. The visa can be renewed, allowing for a maximum stay of 10 years. It is important to note that this visa does not grant work rights in Australia.
Eligibility Requirements for Subclass 870 Visa
In order to be eligible for the Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 870), you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be the biological, legal (including adoptive) parent, step-parent, or parent-in-law of the Parent Sponsor.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have an approved Parent Sponsor before you can lodge an application for this visa.
- You must apply online for this visa.
- You must lodge your visa application within 6 months of the sponsorship approval, or 60 days if you are given Permission to Apply in Australia.
- You must have met and complied with any previous visa obligations.
- You must meet the health and character requirements.
- You must have, or have access to, sufficient funds to support yourself while you are in Australia.
- You must have the intention to stay temporarily in Australia and abide by the conditions of the visa.
- You must have adequate health insurance coverage from an Australian Health Insurance provider to cover any unforeseen medical treatment you might require while in Australia.
- You must not have any outstanding debt to the Australian Government or have arrangements in place to repay it.
Application Process for Subclass 870 Visa
Check your eligibility and apply for the Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 870) with the assistance of our expert migration consultants. We provide guidance and support throughout the application process, ensuring that your application is accurate and complete. Benefit from our experience and simplify the process of applying for this visa.
Learn More: Book a Visa Consultation Today
Checkout the lastest information
June 15, 2023