Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 884): Embrace Family Unity and a Rewarding Life for Aged Parents in Australia
The Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 884) is an ideal pathway for the aged parents of settled Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens to reside in Australia for up to 2 years. This visa opens the doors to a fulfilling life in Australia with family support and access to numerous amenities.
To be eligible for the Subclass 884 visa, applicants must:
- Have a child who is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Be of age to qualify for the Australian aged pension.
- Be in Australia, not in immigration clearance, during application and decision process.
- Not hold or have applied for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (subclass 870) visa.
- Have an approved eligible sponsor, typically the child or, if under 18, an eligible relative or community organization.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Sign the Australian Values Statement if 18 years or older.
- Meet the balance-of-family test.
- Settle any outstanding debts to the Australian government.
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused while in Australia.
- Not have a “no further stay” condition on the current visa held.
Applying for the Subclass 884 visa involves a series of steps. Our team of expert migration consultants is here to assist you in every stage of the application process. We provide clarity on the requirements, assist with documentation, and offer ongoing support to ensure a streamlined and successful application.
The balance-of-family test assesses the extent of your family connections in Australia. You meet this test if at least half of your children and step-children are eligible children in Australia, or if there are more eligible children in Australia than in any other single country.
Health and Character Requirements
Applicants and any family members included in the application must meet the stipulated health and character requirements. Non-migrating family members may also be required to meet these conditions.
Australian Values Statement
Applicants aged 18 years or older must understand and commit to respecting the Australian way of life and adhering to Australian laws by signing the Australian Values Statement.
Benefits of Subclass 884 Visa
With the Subclass 884 visa, aged parents can live in Australia temporarily, embrace the company and support of their children, engage in various activities, and have a taste of the vibrant culture and amenities that Australia offers.
Transition to Permanent Residency
After staying in Australia on the Subclass 884 visa, applicants may also have the option to apply for the Contributory Aged Parent (Permanent) visa (Subclass 864) to secure permanent residency.
Let Us Guide You
Our expert consultants are well-versed in Australian immigration laws and processes. With our support and guidance, you can confidently navigate the visa application process and take a step closer to a rewarding life in Australia with your family.
Checkout the lastest information
June 15, 2023