Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804): Reunite with Family for a Permanent Life in Australia
The Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804) is an essential gateway for aged parents seeking to live permanently in Australia, close to their children who are settled Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens. This visa helps in reuniting families and offers parents a chance to be an integral part of their children’s lives.
Eligibility Requirements: Ensuring You’re Ready for the Move
Applicants for the Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804) must meet the following criteria:
- Have a child who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen settled in Australia.
- Be old enough to be eligible for the Australian age pension.
- Must not have applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (subclass 870) visa.
- Secure sponsorship from an eligible sponsor who has been approved by the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
- Meet health and character assessments.
- Pass the balance-of-family test, ensuring that at least half of your children live permanently in Australia or more of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country.
- Obtain an assurance of support to ensure that you will not rely on government assistance in Australia.
- Have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government.
- Have no previous visa cancellations or refusals.
- Sign the Australian values statement.
Understanding the Balance-of-Family Test
The balance-of-family test is crucial for the Aged Parent Visa. It requires that at least half of your children live permanently in Australia, or that a greater number of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country.
Embarking on the Application Journey
The application process for the Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804) can be complex. Migration Expert’s Registered Migration Consultants are here to provide comprehensive support, from assessing your eligibility to guiding you through each step of the application process. Our experience and expertise can prove invaluable in helping you to successfully navigate the path to permanent residency in Australia.
Checkout the lastest information
December 11, 2023