Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Post-Study Work stream

The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Post-Study Work stream is specifically for international students who have recently graduated with a degree from an Australian institution. This visa enables you to live, work, and study in Australia temporarily following the completion of your studies.

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Post-Study Work stream, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Be under 50 years of age
  • Have applied for and been granted your first student visa on or after 5 November 2011
  • Hold an eligible visa
  • Have held a student visa in the last 6 months
  • Have a recent degree in a CRICOS-registered course
  • Provide evidence of adequate health insurance for all applicants when you apply
  • Provide evidence you have applied for an Australian Federal Police check when you apply
  • Provide evidence of the required level of English proficiency with the application

Hold an Eligible Qualification at Degree-level or Above

The qualification you have completed must be an eligible degree. This includes:

  • Bachelor’s degree
  • Bachelor’s (honours) degree
  • Masters by coursework degree
  • Masters (extended) degree
  • Masters by research degree
  • Doctoral degree

Meet the Australian Study Requirement

Within the past 6 months before applying for this visa, you must have met the Australian study requirement. This is fulfilled if you have completed at least one degree, diploma, or trade qualification, and:

  • Your course was registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
  • You successfully fulfilled all the requirements of your course
  • The language of instruction was English
  • You completed your course after studying for a minimum of two academic years (92 weeks)
  • Your course duration in Australia was not less than 16 calendar months
  • You held a student visa that allowed you to study

Studied with an Australian Education Provider

Your course must have been completed with an Australian education provider registered on CRICOS and offering degree-level programs.

Have Adequate Health Insurance

You must possess adequate health insurance covering the entire duration of your stay in order to be granted this visa. The insurance should cover medically necessary treatment, including transport.

Application Process

Check your eligibility and apply for the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Post-Study Work stream with the assistance of our expert migration consultants. We can simplify the process and provide you with our services, expertise, guidance, experience, and ongoing support. Book a visa consultation today to get started.