Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) – Exchange Arrangements
Apply for the Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) – Exchange Arrangements if you have the skills and experience to exchange jobs with an Australian citizen or permanent resident. With this visa, you and your family members who travel with you can stay in Australia for up to 2 years while taking part in a staff exchange and working in an Australian organization.
To be eligible for the Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) – Exchange Arrangements, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have the skills and experience to exchange jobs with an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Intend to work in a skilled position as part of a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement with an eligible organization in Australia
- Have a sponsor or a supporter, depending on your circumstances
- Benefit from the exchange arrangement, as it must be beneficial for both you and the Australian citizen or permanent resident taking part
- Be a genuine temporary entrant with a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily
- Have enough money to support yourself and any dependent family members who travel to Australia with you
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Have adequate health insurance for the whole of your stay in Australia
- Have paid back any debt to the Australian Government
- Sign the Australian values statement
- Declare that you have not paid for visa sponsorship
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
Check your eligibility and apply for the Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) – Exchange Arrangements with the help of our expert migration consultants. Simplify the process and benefit from our services, expertise, guidance, experience, and ongoing support. Contact us to book a consultation and start your application process.
Sponsor or Supporter
If you apply for this visa in Australia or outside Australia with the intention to stay for more than 3 months, you need a sponsor who is a temporary activities sponsor. However, if you apply outside Australia and plan to stay for less than 3 months, you don’t need a sponsor but must have a supporter who passes the support test.
Reciprocal Staff Exchange
To be eligible for this visa, you must intend to work in a skilled position as part of a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement with an eligible organization in Australia. There must be a written agreement between your organization and the organization in Australia, outlining the staff members participating in the exchange, the skilled positions to be filled, and the duration of the exchange. You must possess the necessary skills and/or experience to fulfill the skilled position stated in the exchange agreement, and the exchange arrangement must benefit both you and the Australian citizen or permanent resident involved.
Checkout the lastest information
December 11, 2023