Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) – Invited Pathway
Apply for the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) through the Invited Pathway if you want to live and work in regional Australia. This temporary visa requires you to be invited to apply, be nominated or sponsored, meet the skills and character requirements, and demonstrate English proficiency.
To be eligible for the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) – Invited Pathway, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be invited to apply by the Department of Home Affairs after submitting an expression of interest (EOI) in SkillSelect
- Be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative
- Be under 45 years of age at the time of invitation
- Have a suitable skills assessment at the time of invitation
- Score at least 65 points on the points test
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements
- Have an occupation on the combined list of eligible skilled occupations for a Skilled Regional (subclass 489) visa
- Meet the health and character requirements
- Have paid back any debt to the Australian government
- Sign the Australian values statement
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused in Australia
Submit an expression of interest (EOI) in SkillSelect to let the Department of Home Affairs know you would like to apply for the visa. If you score enough points, state and territory government agencies can see your EOI and might nominate you for the visa. If you indicate in your EOI that you will be sponsored by an eligible relative, the Department may invite you to apply for a visa in an invitation round.
If you are nominated for the visa, the Department will invite you to apply. All state and territory government agencies have their own criteria for deciding who they will nominate. Contact the state or territory agency directly to find out more about their nomination process and what they want from you.
Check your eligibility and apply for the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) – Invited Pathway with the help of our expert migration consultants. Simplify the process, and benefit from our services, expertise, guidance, experience, and ongoing support.
Learn More: Book a Visa Consultation Today
Checkout the lastest information
June 15, 2023