Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) – Regional Provisional stream
The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) – Regional Provisional stream allows individuals who have lived and worked in designated regional areas of Australia on an eligible visa to live and work in Australia permanently.
To be eligible for the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) – Regional Provisional stream, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an eligible visa – subclass 491 or 494 visa, and have held that visa for at least 3 years before you apply.
- Satisfy the income requirement, which is at least the minimum income threshold for at least 3 income years. Your taxable income must be shown on your Australian Taxation Office (ATO) Notice of Assessment.
- Comply with the conditions of your eligible visa when in Australia. This requirement applies for the whole period you hold the visa(s).
- Meet the health requirement. This also applies to any family members who apply for the visa with you. Family members not coming to Australia may also need to meet the health requirement.
- Meet the character requirement. This also applies to family members aged 16 years and over who apply for the visa with you. Other family members not coming to Australia also need to meet the character requirement.
- Sign the Australian values statement. If you are 16 years of age or older, you must have read, or had explained to you, the Life in Australia booklet and sign an Australian Values Statement. This confirms that you will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws.
- Pay back your debt to the Australian Government. If you or any family members owe money to the Australian Government, you or they must pay it back. It is necessary to make arrangements to repay the debt. This includes those who do not apply for the visa with you.
- No prior visa cancellations or application refusals. You may not be eligible for this visa if your visa was cancelled or your application was refused while you were in Australia.
Check your eligibility, meet the requirements, and apply for the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) – Regional Provisional stream with the help of our expert migration consultants. Simplify the process, and benefit from our services, expertise, guidance, experience, and ongoing support.
Learn More: Book a Visa Consultation Today
Checkout the lastest information
December 11, 2023