Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- removing rough spots on vehicle panels
- sanding surfaces by hand and with power sanders
- masking areas not to be painted with tape and paper
- colour matching and mixing paints to match paint shades, and selecting pre-mixed paint
- applying primer and finishing coats using spray-guns, and sanding surfaces between coats
- touching up paintwork and applying polish to vehicles
- removing masking papers, and waxing and polishing finished paintwork
- painting signs and artwork on vehicles
- treating vehicles with rust-proofing chemicals
Occupations in this unit group
324311 - Vehicle Painter
- Vehicle Refinisher
Prepares surfaces of vehicles, matches and mixes colours and applies paint. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation