Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- conferring with clients to determine materials and cost of furniture items to be made or repaired
- making and repairing wooden frames, and removing and replacing defective springs
- removing coverings, webbing and padding from old furniture
- securing material, padding, springs and webbing to articles to be upholstered
- measuring and cutting materials and covering furniture
- seaming cushions and joining sections of covering material
- attaching ornamental trims, braids and buttons
- padding and covering spring units to upholster mattresses
- may finish wooden surfaces on furniture
- may remove stains from fabric
Occupations in this unit group
393311 - Upholsterer
Makes, rebuilds and repairs upholstered articles such as chairs, sofas, beds and mattresses.
Skill Level: 3
- Furniture Upholsterer
- Mattress Maker
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation