Indicative Skill Level:
The occupation Arborist has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
The occupation Tree Worker has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- advising on species selection, site planning and overall tree management and care
- examining individual trees to assess their condition, potential risks associated with limbs or trees falling, and determine treatment
- climbing trees using ropes and harnesses and elevated work platforms to reach limbs and branches
- maintaining and caring for trees and shrubs by pruning limbs and shaping branches using chain and handsaws
- removing dead and decaying trees, and grinding out tree stumps
- clearing trees from overhead electricity and telecommunications lines
Occupations in this unit group
362512 - Tree Worker
- Tree Surgeon
Maintains and cares for individual trees and shrubs in urban environments by pruning and shaping branches, treating for pests and disease, removing dead or decaying trees, and advising on general tree care. Often employs specialist skills including aerial access of the tree using rope access or elevated work platforms.
Skill Level: 3
- Utility Tree Worker
362511 - Arborist
- Urban Forester
Provides specialist assessment and advice on individual trees and tree management in urban environments, including risk assessment, species selection and site planning. Works with allied professionals such as Urban and Regional Planners, Landscape Architects and Environmental Consultants to provide strategic planning for urban forest preservation, protection and management.
Skill Level: 2
- Arboricultural Consultant
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation