Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration attorneys, lawyers and specialists who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a US visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the US Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the US Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.

I Visa for Foreign Media Representatives

I Visa for Foreign Media Representatives

An I visa is a temporary work visa for representatives of the foreign press, radio, film and other foreign information media to work in the US. Journalists, reporters and film production workers who apply for an I visa must be coming to the US solely to engage in their vocation and the result of their work must primarily be to benefit the audience of their home country.

Are you a US Employer? Book a complimentary consultation with a licensed US Migration Lawyer.

I Visa Requirements

To qualify for an I visa, the applicant must be a representative of the foreign media, freelance journalist or contracted by a media organization travelling to the US solely to work in their profession. An I visa applicant must usually be coming to the US to gather and/or report on information or news for a media organization that has its home office in a foreign country.

I visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.

I Visa Entitlements

An I visa entitles the holder to work in the US temporarily. An I visa is usually granted for the duration of the applicant's job status, meaning, so long as the applicant is performing their job duties, the applicant may remain in the US.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may also apply for an I visa to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States but are not entitled to undertake any employment without obtaining an appropriate work visa.

To see a full listing of our fees and services,Representative of Foreign Media Visa (I) processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.