Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration attorneys, lawyers and specialists who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a US visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the US Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the US Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.

Work Visas & Green Cards

Work Visas & Green Cards

A TN visa is a temporary work visa specifically for citizens of Canada and Mexico with a job offer in a professional occupation in the US. The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) stipulates the professional occupations and minimum qualifications or alternative credentials required to be eligible to apply for a TN visa. Self-employment is not permitted on a TN visa.

Are you a US Employer? Book a complimentary consultation with a licensed US Migration Lawyer.

TN Visa Requirements

To qualify for a TN visa to work in the US, the applicant must be a citizen of either Canada or Mexico and must have a temporary job offer of employment in a designated professional occupation from a US employer.

The professional occupation must be on the NAFTA Professional Job Series List which currently includes occupations such as accountants, engineers, lawyers, medical and allied health workers, scientists and teachers. Furthermore, the applicant must meet minimum educational requirements or alternative credentials specific to their profession.

TN visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.

TN Visa Entitlements

A TN visa entitles the holder to live and work in the US temporarily. A TN visa is usually granted for an initial period of 3 years and extensions may be granted.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (TD visa) to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States but are not entitled to undertake any employment without obtaining an appropriate work visa.

To see a full listing of our fees and services, NAFTA Visa (TN) processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.