Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration attorneys, lawyers and specialists who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a US visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the US Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the US Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.

Work Visas & Green Cards

Work Visas & Green Cards

An L1 visa is a temporary work visa for key employees of an international company to be transferred to the US to continue work with their employer. An L1 visa is also suitable for key employees of an international company to come to the US to establish a parent, branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of the company. The international company may be either a US or foreign organization.

Are you a US Employer? Book a complimentary consultation with a licensed US Migration Lawyer.

L1 Visa Requirements

To qualify for an L1 visa, the applicant must have been continuously employed by their company for at least one year within the preceding three years in a managerial, executive or specialized knowledge capacity. Furthermore, the applicant must be intending to hold a similar managerial, executive or key position within the company.

L1 visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.

L1 Visa Entitlements

An L1 visa entitles the holder to live and work in the US temporarily. An L1 visa is usually granted for 3 years if the company is already established in the US or 1 year for a new company. Extensions of an L1 visa may be granted. Intercompany transferees with an L1 visa are permitted dual intent, meaning the applicant can maintain L1 visa status while applying for a Green Card to remain in the US permanently.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (L2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States without obtaining a student visa and accompanying spouses may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

To see a full listing of our fees and services,Intracompany Transferee Visa (L-1) processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.