Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration attorneys, lawyers and specialists who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a US visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the US Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the US Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.

Work Visas & Green Cards

Work Visas & Green Cards

A Q1 visa is a temporary work visa for adults (at least 18 years of age) to participate in a training, employment and cultural exchange program. The program must be administered by a US employer and must provide practical training and employment to the participant while facilitating the sharing of history, culture and tradition of the participant's home country.

Those wishing to participate in an educational based exchange program may be eligible to apply for an Exchange visa (J visa).

Are you a US Employer? Book a complimentary consultation with a licensed US Migration Lawyer.

Q1 Visa Requirements

To qualify for a Q1 visa, the applicant must be at least 18 years old and able to communicate the cultural attributes of their home country.

In addition, the applicant must have a US employer to sponsor them and administer the cultural exchange program. Applicants who have previously entered the US on a Q1 visa must have been physically outside the US for at least one year before re-entering.

Q1 visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.

Q1 Visa Entitlements

A Q1 visa entitles the holder to participate in an employment based cultural exchange program in the US. A Q1 visa is usually granted for the duration of the program up to 15 months and extensions cannot be granted.

There is no provision for spouses and children of Q1 visa holders to accompany the Q1 visa holder. Spouses and children wishing to come to the US to join their spouse or parent are required to obtain an appropriate travel visa, work visa or student visa.

To see a full listing of our fees and services, International Cultural Exchange Visa (Q-1) processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.