Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration attorneys, lawyers and specialists who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a US visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the US Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the US Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.

H1B1 Visa for Chileans & Singaporeans

H1B1 Visa for Chileans & Singaporeans

An H1B1 visa (sub-classification) is a temporary work visa specifically for citizens of Chile and Singapore with a job offer in a specialty occupation in the US. The Chile & Singapore Free Trade Agreement requires the USCIS to exempt 6,800 H1B visas from the H1B visa cap and be reserved for eligible citizens of Chile and Singapore.

Other foreign nationals with a job offer in a specialty occupation in the US may be eligible to apply for an H1B visa.

Are you a US Employer? Book a complimentary consultation with a licensed US Migration Lawyer.

H1B1 Visa Requirements

To qualify for an H1B1 visa to work in the US, the applicant must be a citizen of either Chile or Singapore and must have a temporary offer of employment in a specialty occupation from a US employer.

A specialty occupation is an occupation that requires theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge that usually requires the equivalent of at least a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Typical specialty occupation fields include architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, medicine, health, education, business specialties, accounting, law, theology and the arts.

H1B1 visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.

H1B1 Visa Entitlements

An H1B1 visa entitles the holder to live and work in the US temporarily. An H1B1 visa is usually granted for an initial period of 1 year and extensions may be granted.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (H4 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States but are not entitled to undertake any employment without obtaining an appropriate work visa.

To see a full listing of our fees and services,Chile & Singapore Free Trade Visa (H1-B1) processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.