Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration attorneys, lawyers and specialists who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a US visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the US Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the US Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.

Work Visas & Green Cards

Work Visas & Green Cards

An E3 visa is a temporary work visa specifically for citizens of Australia with a job offer in a specialty occupation in the US.

Are you a US Employer? Book a complimentary consultation with a licensed US Migration Lawyer.

E3 Visa Requirements

To qualify for an E3 visa to work in the US, the applicant must be a citizen of Australia and must have a temporary job offer of employment in a specialty occupation from a US employer.

A specialty occupation is an occupation that requires theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge that usually requires the equivalent of at least a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Typical specialty occupation fields include architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, medicine, health, education, business specialties, accounting, law, theology and the arts.

E3 visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.

E3 Visa Entitlements

An E3 visa entitles the holder to live and work in the US temporarily. An E3 visa is usually granted for an initial period of 2 years and extensions may be granted.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (E3 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States and accompanying spouses may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

To see a full listing of our fees and services, Australian Free Trade Visa (E-3) processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.