Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration attorneys, lawyers and specialists who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a US visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the US Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the US Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.

H-3 Nonimmigrant Trainee or Special Education Exchange Visitor

H-3 Nonimmigrant Trainee or Special Education Exchange Visitor

An H3 visa is a temporary visa for individuals to undertake job-related training in the US that is not available in their home country. The training provided cannot be for graduate medical education or for the purpose of providing employment.

Post-secondary students and recent graduates wishing to undertake graduate or medical education in the US may be eligible to apply for a J1 visa as an Intern or Physician and other professionals may be eligible for a J1 visa as a Trainee.

H3 Visa Requirements

To qualify for an H3 visa, the applicant must be invited by an organization or individual to receive training in a field such as agriculture, commerce, communications, finance, government or transportation that is unavailable in their home country. The training must be formally structured and directly related to the applicant's career which they must intend to pursue outside of the US.

H3 visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.

H3 Visa Entitlements

An H3 visa entitles the holder to undertake training with a sponsor in the US temporarily. An H3 visa is usually granted for the duration of the training program and is limited to a maximum of 2 years.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (H4) to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States but are not entitled to undertake any employment without obtaining an appropriate work visa.

To see a full listing of our fees and services, Trainee Visa (H-3) processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.