Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration attorneys, lawyers and specialists who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a US visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the US Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the US Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.

J-1 Visa for Physicians

J-1 Visa for Physicians

A J1 visa is a temporary exchange visa for physicians that have been accepted to undertake medical education or training at an accredited medical school, hospital or scientific institution in the US.

J1 Visa Requirements for Physicians

To qualify for a J1 visa as a physician, the applicant must be accepted to participate in a medical education program sponsored by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates. Applicants must have adequate prior education and training to complete the program, have proficient English language skills and have passed the applicable medical academic examination.

J1 Visa Entitlements for Physicians

A J1 visa entitles the holder to participate in a medical education or training program in the US. A J1 visa for physicians is usually granted for the duration of the approved program to a maximum of 7 years.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (J2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the US and may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization.

To see a full listing of our fees and services, Physician Visa (J-1)processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.