Why Us

Established in 2002, Migration Expert is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration attorneys, lawyers and specialists who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a US visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process. All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the US Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the US Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.

J-1 Visa for Au Pairs

J-1 Visa for Au Pairs

A J1 visa for Au Pairs is a temporary exchange visitor visa that provides young foreigners the opportunity to study and provide child care services for an American host family through a certified Au Pair program.

J1 Visa Requirements for Au Pairs

To qualify for a J1 visa as an au pair in the US, the applicant must be accepted to participate in a certified au pair exchange program who will act as the applicant's sponsor in the US.

To participate in an au pair program, the applicant must be aged between 18 and 26, have graduated from secondary school (or equivalent) and have proficient English language skills. Some programs may require the applicant to have previous child care experience.

J1 visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.

J1 Visa Entitlements for Au Pairs

A J1 visa entitles the holder to participate in an Au Pair program with a US host family. A J1 visa is usually granted for up to 12 months and extensions may be granted provided the au pair continues to work for their host family and meet their educational requirements.

To see a full listing of our fees and services, Au Pair Visa (J-1) processing times and application costs please visit our FAQ page.