Child Visa (Subclass 101): Unite Your Family in Australia

The Child Visa (Subclass 101) is designed for dependent children who are outside Australia, to join their parents and live as permanent residents. This visa is ideal for parents who are Australian citizens, eligible New Zealand citizens, or holders of Australian permanent visas, and want to bring their dependent children to Australia.

Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible for the Child Visa (Subclass 101), the child must:

  • Be sponsored by an eligible parent or the parent’s spouse/de facto partner.
  • Be a dependent child, under 18 years old; or a full-time student aged between 18 and 25 and financially dependent; or over 18 with a disability that prevents them from working.
  • Be single and not engaged or married.
  • Be outside Australia during both the application and decision process.
  • Meet health and character requirements.
  • Have settled any outstanding debts to the Australian Government.
  • If aged 18 or over, sign the Australian values statement.
  • Have the consent of all parties with legal authority to decide where the child can live, if under 18 years old.


An eligible parent or their spouse/de facto partner must sponsor the child. Sponsorship might not be approved if the sponsor has been charged or convicted of offenses involving children. The Australian government has measures in place for the protection of children.

Age and Student Status

Applicants must be under 18, or if aged between 18 and 25, they must be full-time students and financially dependent on their parents. Those with disabilities over 18 years can also apply.

Health and Character

Health and character assessments are required for the child and any dependents applying with them. This might also extend to non-applying dependents and family members.

Consent to Migrate

If the child is under 18, written consent from all persons with legal authority over where the child can live is required, or it should be consistent with the laws of the child’s home country and any Australian child order.

Application Process

Navigating the visa application process can be complex. Migration Expert’s Registered Migration Consultants are here to guide you through each step, ensuring that you meet all the requirements for the Child Visa (Subclass 101). From the initial consultation to the final visa decision, we provide expertise, guidance, and ongoing support to help unite your family in Australia.

Book a Visa Consultation Today and Take the First Step Towards Reuniting Your Family in Australia