Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- identifying items and containers of incoming and outgoing shipments and verifying them against consignment records
- ensuring outgoing shipments are in good condition and meet specifications
- arranging internal distribution of goods received
- organising the despatch of goods with completed documentation
- maintaining prescribed records of goods received and despatched
- examining shipping documents and verifying cargo to be released
- recording customs clearance requirements and authorising collection of cargo
- calculating storage and clearance charges and billing customers
- receiving details of outgoing cargo, and arranging bookings of freight space and collection of goods from customers
- providing information to customers on custom tariffs, tariff classifications and concessions, and methods of clearing goods
Occupations in this unit group
591211 - Despatching and Receiving Clerk
- Despatch Clerk
- Freight Clerk
Verifies and maintains records of incoming and outgoing goods in a warehouse or distribution centre and prepares goods for despatch.
Skill Level: 4
- Aircraft Load Controller
- Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Truck Despatcher
591212 - Import-Export Clerk
Arranges the clearance and collection of imported cargo from customs and bond stores, and the shipment of cargo for export.
Skill Level: 4
- Bond Clerk
- Customs Agent
- Customs Broker (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
- Wharf Tally Clerk
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation