Second Class Sheetmetal Workers are included in Unit Group 7123 Engineering Production Workers.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job, material and equipment requirements
- selecting metal stock, such as stainless steel, galvanised iron, mild steel, aluminium and copper, and checking sizes, gauges and other dimensions of metal stock against specifications
- marking out metal stock with reference points and lines, using templates, gauges and other measuring instruments
- cutting metal stock along guidelines using hand and power shears, computerised laser and plasma cutters, guillotines and drills
- shaping and forming cut metal stock into products using folding and bending machines, rollers, presses and hammers
- fitting and assembling components into final products by welding, riveting, soldering, brazing and otherwise joining
- finishing products by polishing, filing, sanding and cleaning assembled products
- may repair damaged sheetmetal products and components
- may specialise in fabrication, or on-site assembly and installation, of sheetmetal products
- may produce aircraft sheetmetal components requiring advanced drawing and calculating skills
- may specialise in decorative copperwork
Occupations in this unit group
322211 - Sheetmetal Worker
- Sheetmetal Fabricator
Marks out, shapes, forms and joins sheetmetal and other materials to make products and components.
Skill Level: 3
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation