Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- observing the conduct and behaviour of prisoners to prevent disturbances and escapes
- inspecting and maintaining the security of locks, window bars, grilles, doors and gates
- supervising prisoners during work assignments, recreational periods, sporting activities and meals
- assisting with the implementation of education, rehabilitation and other programs organised for prisoners
- searching prisoners and cells for weapons, drugs and other contraband items
- patrolling assigned areas and reporting breaches of rules, unsatisfactory attitudes and prisoner adjustment problems
- requisitioning prisoners’ clothing, toiletries, reading material and other allowable items
- supervising prisoners in transit between courts, prisons and other facilities
Occupations in this unit group
442111 - Prison Officer
- Correctional Officer
- Corrections Officer
Supervises and controls the activities of inmates in a prison or other correctional institution.
Skill Level: 4
- Custodial Officer
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation