Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- investigating and prosecuting offences committed in areas such as organised, corporate and computer crime, environmental offences, drug trafficking, fraud, counterfeiting and terrorism
- securing and examining scenes of crimes and accidents to locate and obtain evidence for analysis
- protecting witnesses and investigating official corruption
- maintaining public order and safety
- patrolling assigned areas to minimise potential for public disturbance and crime
- investigating accidents, crimes, minor offences and citizens’ complaints, gathering evidence, and pursuing, arresting and interviewing suspected offenders
- testing persons suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs and issuing infringement notices for traffic offences
- directing and re-routing traffic at congested areas
- attending community meetings and answering inquiries from the public where necessary
- providing advice and assistance to victims of crime and their families
- maintaining records and preparing reports
Occupations in this unit group
441311 - Detective
Investigates serious crimes, such as terrorism, homicide, armed robbery, vice and arson, and gathers evidence to arrest and prosecute suspected offenders.
Skill Level: 2
- Detective Sergeant
- Plain Clothes Police Officer
441312 - Police Officer
Maintains public order, and enforces laws by investigating crimes, patrolling public areas and arresting suspected offenders.
Skill Level: 2
- Bomb Squad Officer
- Mounted Police Officer
- Search and Rescue Officer
- Tactical Response Group Officer
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation