Pharmacy Technicians are included in Unit Group 3112 Medical Technicians.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- accepting prescriptions for filling by Retail Pharmacists
- determining customer requirements and advising customers on the selection, price and usage of non-prescription medicines
- advising customers on the correct application and storage of medicines
- selling goods such as non-prescription drugs, first aid supplies, toiletries and cosmetics
- accepting payment for goods and services by a variety of payment methods and preparing sales invoices
- promoting goods and services that are for sale
- assisting with the ongoing management of stock such as product inventories and participating in stocktakes
- stacking and displaying goods for sale, and wrapping and packing goods sold
Occupations in this unit group
621411 - Pharmacy Sales Assistant
Sells pharmaceutical goods, toiletries and related goods in a retail pharmacy.
Skill Level: 4
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation