Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- developing, implementing and reviewing environmental health management plans and occupational health and safety plans
- preparing and implementing plans and strategies for the safe, economic, and suitable disposal of commercial, industrial, medical and household wastes
- advising on and enforcing legislation, implementing prevention programs and strategies for communicable diseases, food safety, waste water treatment and disposal systems, recreation and domestic water quality, contaminated and hazardous substances, and minimising air, sea, water and noise pollution to improve health outcomes
- identifying hazards, and assessing and controlling risks in the workplace
- developing, implementing and monitoring programs minimising workplace and environmental pollution involving chemical and physical hazards
- promoting ergonomic principles within the workplace such as matching furniture, equipment and work activities to the needs of employees
- inspecting and auditing workplaces, processes, plant, and chemical and physical hazards for legislative compliance
- training employees in personal protective equipment and safe working procedures
- recording and investigating injuries and equipment damage, and reporting safety performance
- coordinating the return of injured workers into the workplace
Occupations in this unit group
251311 - Environmental Health Officer
Develops, enforces and evaluates environmental health policies, programs and strategies to improve health outcomes, and oversees the implementation and monitoring of environmental health legislation. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 1
- Food Safety Auditor
- Food Safety Officer
251312 - Occupational Health and Safety Adviser
- Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator
- Occupational Health and Safety Officer
Develops, implements and evaluates risk management policies and programs, trains employees in occupational health and safety procedures, monitors and audits the workplace, and records and investigates incidents to ensure safe and healthy working conditions.
Skill Level: 1
- Occupational Hygienist
- Workplace Rehabilitation Officer
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation