Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning and coordinating the production and marketing of commodities from at least two of the following four different primary production areas – aquaculture, broadacre crops, horticultural crops, and livestock
- breeding and raising animals or aquatic stock for the production of food, wool, skins, milk or eggs, and growing grain, seed crops, vegetables, fruit or nuts
- monitoring and maintaining the health, welfare and condition of livestock or aquatic stock
- providing pastures, fodder and water to maintain animal health and condition
- planning crop production and selecting seed and plant stock
- maintaining crop production by coordinating and developing cultivating, fertilising, watering and crop health strategies and maintaining optimal growing conditions
- directing and overseeing general farming activities to maintain animal and crop health by managing biosecurity and other risks and controlling pests and weeds
- planning and overseeing the provision and maintenance of infrastructure such as equipment, machinery, sheds and water supply systems and irrigation systems
- planning and coordinating the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- overseeing data collection and analysis and farm technology systems
- managing business capital, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Occupations in this unit group
121711 - Broadacre Crop and Livestock Farmer
- Farmer and Grazier
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming and farm management activities involving the cultivation of broadacre crops and the breeding and raising of livestock.
Skill Level: 1
- Cattle and Wheat Farmer
- Sheep and Wheat Farmer
121799 - Mixed Production Farmers nec
This occupation group covers Mixed Production Farmers not elsewhere classified.
Skill Level: 1
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation