Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- preparing tissue sections for microscopic examination
- examining and analysing samples to study the effects of microbial infections
- developing techniques to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease and respiratory or sleep disorders
- advising Medical Practitioners on the interpretation of tests and methods used in diagnosis and treatment
- setting up the steps and rules of medical testing
- operating and maintaining laboratory and testing equipment
- maintaining laboratory and testing quality assurance and safety standards
- preparing scientific papers and reports
Occupations in this unit group
234611 - Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Hospital Scientist
- Medical Scientific Officer
Conducts medical laboratory tests to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 1
- IVF Embryologist
234612 - Respiratory Scientist
Conducts lung function tests to support the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory and sleep disorders, in consultation with other medical professionals.
Skill Level: 1
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation