Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing drawings, plans and designs for mechanical engineering work under the direction of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists
- assisting Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in the design of mechanical equipment and plant
- selecting tools and equipment
- assembling and installing new and modified mechanical assemblies, components, machine tools and controls, and hydraulic power systems
- estimating material costs and quantities, and machine requirements
- performing and directing field and laboratory tests
- collecting and analysing data, carrying out complex computations and preparing diagrams
- organising and supervising inspection and maintenance of machines and plant
- ensuring that designs and finished work are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
Occupations in this unit group
312512 - Mechanical Engineering Technician
Conducts tests of mechanical systems, collects and analyses data, and assembles and installs mechanical assemblies in support of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists.
Skill Level: 2
- Boiler Testing Technician
- Hydraulic Controls Technician
- Mechanical Laboratory Technician
- Pipe Testing Technician
312511 - Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson
Prepares detailed drawings and plans of mechanical engineering work in support of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists.
Skill Level: 2
- Airconditioning Drafting Officer
- Heating and Ventilating Technical Officer
- Tool Design Draftsperson
- Tool Designer
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation