Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- receiving and checking incoming mail and mail bags
- assisting with the verification of registered and special articles
- operating mail processing equipment such as letter preparation lines, letter indexing and sorting equipment
- performing manual sorting duties and preparing documentation for despatching mail
- processing underpaid mail, bulk mail lodgements, express mail and other mail services
- operating letter indexing and sorting machines, multi-line optical character machines and bar-coding equipment
- investigating complaints regarding lost items
Occupations in this unit group
561411 - Mail Clerk
- Mail Officer
Collects, sorts and despatches mail within an organisation.
Skill Level: 5
561412 - Postal Sorting Officer
Receives, sorts and despatches mail in a post office or postal sorting centre.
Skill Level: 5
- Parcel Post Officer
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation