Automotive Electricians are included in Unit Group 3211 Automotive Electricians.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- examining blueprints, wiring diagrams and specifications to determine sequences and methods of operation
- measuring and laying out installation reference points
- selecting, cutting and connecting wire and cable to terminals and connectors
- using electrical and electronic test instruments to trace and diagnose faults
- repairing and replacing faulty wiring and defective parts
- positioning and installing electrical switchboards
- connecting electrical systems to power supply
- testing continuity of circuit
- installing, testing and adjusting electric and mechanical parts of lifts
- installing, testing and commissioning solar photo voltaic (PV) power generation systems
Occupations in this unit group
341111 - Electrician (General)
- Electrical Fitter
- Electrical Contractor
Installs, tests, connects, commissions, maintains and modifies electrical equipment, wiring and control systems. Registration or licensing is required.
Hot water solar system installers and Labourers who install solar panels are excluded from this unit group. Hot water solar system installers are included in Unit group 8214, Insulation and Home improvement installers. Labourers are included in Unit group 8999, Other Miscellaneous Labourers.
Skill Level: 3
- Armature Winder
- Railway Signal Electrician
- Solar Installer
341112 - Electrician (Special Class)
Services and repairs intricate and complex electrical and electronic circuitry. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 3
341113 - Lift Mechanic
- Lift Electrician
Designs, installs, maintains, services and repairs electric and hydraulic passenger and freight lifts, escalators, moving walkways and other lift equipment. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 3
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation