Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Note: some roles within this unit group are at a higher ANZSCO Skill Level.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- dismantling, moving and reassembling drilling rigs and accessory plant
- taking samples of ore, liquids and gases and packaging them
- performing minor maintenance and repairs, and lubricating and cleaning plant
- recording performance details and information obtained from wells, and keeping logs detailing operations
- operating surface and underground mining plant
- undertaking development work such as opening up new shafts, drives, air vents, rises and crib rooms
- positioning explosives in bore holes and priming explosives using detonators and explosive cartridges
- connecting wires, fuses and detonating cords to explosive cartridges and detonators, and detonating explosives
- monitoring operation of plant and ensuring safety of other workers on mining sites and during drilling operations
- operating auxiliary plant such as pumps to expel air, water and mud
Occupations in this unit group
712211 - Driller
- Drilling Plant Operator
Assembles, positions and operates a drilling rig and related equipment to extract ore, liquids or gases from the earth. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 4 Note: some roles within this occupation are at a higher ANZSCO Skill Level.
- Directional Driller
- Exploration Driller
- Jumbo Operator
- Power Tong Operator
- Raise Drill Operator
- Rig Manager
- Rock Drill Operator
- Stope Miner
- Tool Pusher
712212 - Miner
- Mining Plant Operator
Operates plant to excavate, load and transport coal, ore and rock in an underground or open-cut mine. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 4
- Bogger Operator
- Coal Cutter
- Dragline Operator
- Opal Miner
- Underground Truck Operator
712213 - Shot Firer
- Powder Monkey
Assembles, positions and detonates explosives at a mining or demolition site. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 4
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation