Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- receiving and preparing patients
- arranging and handing instruments, medication, and other dental requisites to Dental Practitioners
- preparing dental materials and processing X-rays
- using suction devices and water sprays
- performing routine maintenance on equipment
- sterilising and preventing cross infection of equipment
- may advise patients on dental health education and post-operative care and procedures
- may act as receptionist for Dental Practitioners
- may perform billing and other clerical tasks
Occupations in this unit group
423211 - Dental Assistant
- Dental Chairside Assistant
- Dental Nurse
Prepares patients for dental examination and assists Dental Practitioners, Hygienists and Therapists in providing care and treatment.
Skill Level: 4
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation