Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- preparing, examining and advising on contracts of sale for properties and businesses
- carrying out title searches and contacting government authorities to find out if any planned development, illegal building work and disputes could affect properties and businesses
- preparing, examining and advising on mortgage documentation
- negotiating the terms and conditions of, and exchanging, contracts of sale, paying deposits, arranging payment of stamp duty, checking for outstanding arrears and land tax obligations, and calculating adjustments for council and water rates
- interviewing clients to determine the nature of issues, and receiving written information concerning cases from Legal Professionals and clients
- conferring with clients and potential witnesses and drawing up statements and proposed affidavits in preparation for court proceedings
- maintaining legal files
- preparing, analysing and interpreting a variety of legal documents
- assisting Legal Professionals to prepare cases for court by conducting investigations, undertaking research, arranging witness preparation and attendance, and preparing and filing court documents
- may supervise Law Clerks and Legal Secretaries and take responsibility for their work
Occupations in this unit group
599111 - Conveyancer
- Settlement Agent
Acts for and on behalf of clients in the area of property and business transfers. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 2
599112 - Legal Executive
Acts for and on behalf of clients in the areas of property transfer, company and business law, trusts, wills, probate and litigation under the general supervision of a Barrister or Solicitor. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 2
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation