Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- establishing administrative and operational procedures by taking account of the organisation’s operating environment
- making policy decisions and accepting responsibility for operations, performance of staff, achievement of targets and adherence to budgets, standards and procedures
- establishing lines of control and delegating responsibilities to subordinate staff
- representing the organisation in dealings with other organisations and the public
- controlling the collection and interpretation of management information to monitor performance
- controlling the use of, and accounting for, the assets and facilities of the organisation
- preparing budgets and other management plans
- preparing reports, authorising the release of information, and handling public relations activities
Occupations in this unit group
139111 - Commissioned Defence Force Officer
Provides high level management to support the running of an organisational unit within the Australian or New Zealand Defence Forces.
This occupation includes the following ranks:
- Air Force: Flight Lieutenant, Flying Officer, Pilot Officer, Squadron Leader
- Army: Captain, Lieutenant, Major, Second Lieutenant
- Navy: Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander, Midshipman, Sub Lieutenant
This occupation excludes Commissioned Defence Force Officers performing duties for which there is a civilian equivalent. These officers are included with the civilian occupation, for example, Nursing Officers are included in Unit Group 2544 Registered Nurses, in Occupation 254499 Registered Nurses nec.
Skill Level: 1
- Air Defence Officer (Air Force) (Aus)
- Ground Defence Officer (Air Force) (Aus)
- Military Police Officer (Air Force) (NZ)
- Security Police Officer (Air Force) (Aus)
- Armoured Corps Officer (Army)
- Artillery Officer (Army)
- General Service Officer (Army) (Aus)
- Infantry Officer (Army)
- Military Police Officer (Army)
- Special Service Officer (Army) (Aus)
- Military Police Officer (Navy) (NZ)
- Observer (Navy)
139112 - Commissioned Fire Officer
Provides high level management to support the running of a geographical or operational section of a fire service.
Skill Level: 1
- Fire Investigator
- Inspector (Fire Services)
139113 - Commissioned Police Officer
Provides high level management to support the running of a geographical or operational section of a police service.
Skill Level: 1
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation