Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- examining drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
- selecting and working with materials such as timber, veneers, particle board, synthetic wood and other engineered wood products
- programming and controlling computer-aided design and computer numerical control machines to mark out, cut and shape components
- working from drawings and specifications to make cabinets and furniture
- installing cabinetry in bathrooms and kitchens and commercial fitouts
- making fittings for boats, caravans and other items where fine detail is required
- assembling parts to form sections of cabinets and furniture and completed articles
- applying protective coatings to cabinets and furniture
- fitting hinges, locks, catches, drawers, shelves and other associated hardware
- making frames for chairs and couches
- may make reproduction furniture
- may repair and refurbish furniture including antiques
Occupations in this unit group
394112 - Cabinet Maker
Fabricates, assembles and installs kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, and wardrobes, counters and other fittings from wood and laminates.
Skill Level: 3
- Cabinet Installer
- Kitchen Installer
- Wardrobe Installer
394113 - Furniture Maker
Fabricates and repairs freestanding furniture from timber, veneers, laminates and cane.
Furniture Finishers are excluded from this occupation. Furniture Finishers are included in Unit Group 3942 Wood Machinists and Other Wood Trades Workers, in Occupation 394211 Furniture Finisher.
Skill Level: 3
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation