Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- assessing and diagnosing the extent of client hearing loss using a wide range of techniques, including audiometric tests
- reporting results of assessments and tests in writing and making referrals to medical practitioners
- recommending solutions to those with hearing impairment including amplification, implantable devices, medical interventions and assistive listening devices and providing aural rehabilitation programs
- providing counselling, advice and information to clients and families as a part of overall treatment
- assisting with the development and management of noise control and hearing conservation strategies
- administering standardised and informal tests and observing clients to determine the nature and extent of their communication disorders or swallowing difficulties
- providing treatment and management of speech, language, learning and communication disorders that may be developmental, part of a disability, or acquired as a result of injury or disease
- advising on the positioning of the body and on the textures of food and fluids which assists an individual to eat and swallow safely without choking
- providing information and education to health professionals, early childhood educators and teachers, and support and counselling to individuals affected by communication and swallowing difficulties, and to their families and carers.
Occupations in this unit group
252711 - Audiologist
Provides diagnostic assessment and rehabilitative services related to human hearing defects.
Skill Level: 1
252712 - Speech Pathologist / Speech Language Therapist
- Speech Therapist
Provides diagnostic assessment and management of disorders of communication and swallowing through direct intervention, education, consultancy, advocacy, or a combination of these approaches.
Skill Level: 1
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation