Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- feeding and grading fish, and monitoring their growth
- assisting with farm layout and constructing nets, long-lines and cages
- checking and looking after equipment and fish housing
- operating pumps and other equipment
- testing and checking on water quality
- removing dead and dying fish
- operating lifting equipment such as forklifts and small cranes
- harvesting fish, and sorting and packing for transportation
- restocking pens, pools, tanks, ponds, rivers and dams with juvenile fish
- collecting and recording growth, production and water quality data
Occupations in this unit group
842111 - Aquaculture Worker
Performs routine tasks in breeding and raising fish and other aquatic stock.
Skill Level: 5
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation