Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning and coordinating the operation of hatcheries and grow-out operations taking into account environmental and market factors
- coordinating and overseeing strategies to monitor the environment to maintain optimal growing conditions, minimise the impact of operations on the environment and manage biosecurity and other risks
- coordinating and overseeing strategies to monitor and maintain the health, welfare and condition of aquatic stock
- overseeing and undertaking breeding, feeding and nutrition programs
- overseeing transportation of aquatic stock to new tanks, ponds, cages and floating net pens
- coordinating and overseeing harvesting, grading, processing and packaging operations for aquatic stock
- directing and overseeing general farming activities including the provision and maintenance of farming infrastructure and equipment
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of aquatic stock
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- overseeing data collection and analysis and farm technology systems
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Occupations in this unit group
121111 - Aquaculture Farmer
- Aquaculture Farm Manager
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise fish and other aquatic stock.
Skill Level: 1
- Grow-Out Manager (Aquaculture)
- Hatchery Manager (Aquaculture)
- Oyster Farmer
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation