Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- examining topographical, physical and soil characteristics of farmland to determine its most effective use and identify nutrient deficiencies
- assisting in developing new methods of planting, fertilising, harvesting and processing crops to achieve optimum land usage
- identifying pathogenic micro-organisms and insects, parasites, fungi and weeds harmful to crops, livestock and aquatic stock, and assisting in devising methods of control
- examining environmental and other factors that influence the growth, health and production of aquatic stock
- analysing produce to set and maintain standards of quality
- monitoring livestock and aquatic stock to gauge the effectiveness of feed formulae
- assisting in controlled breeding experiments to develop improved crop, livestock and aquatic stock strains
- artificially inseminating livestock for breeding purposes
- providing advice on breeding selection and techniques
- providing advice, training and technical support and services on technology solutions such as sensors, farm management software, data and robotics
- installing, programming, testing, repairing and maintaining animal and crop health monitoring equipment
- developing, operating and maintaining complex technological systems and equipment used in farm production, including analysing data and preparing reports
- applying geospatial and other technology systems to support primary production such as automatic tractor guidance systems, variable rate chemical input applications and surveying equipment
- arranging the supply of drugs, vaccines and other chemicals to Farmers and Farm Managers, and giving advice on their use
- collecting and collating data for research and animal husbandry purposes
- may advise producers on farming techniques and management and production processes
Occupations in this unit group
311112 - Agricultural and Agritech Technician
Performs tests and experiments, and provides technical support to assist Agricultural Research Scientists, Agronomists and Aquaculture or Fisheries Scientists in areas such as research, production, servicing and marketing and advises on, installs and services advanced agriculture technology and equipment such as precision agricultural solutions, virtual fencing, and automatic milking machines.
Skill Level: 2
- Agriculture Laboratory Technician
- Precision Agricultural Technician
311113 - Animal Husbandry Technician
Assists Livestock Farmers and Farm Managers in breeding, raising and managing livestock by undertaking technical animal husbandry tasks such as pregnancy testing, artificial insemination, lactation management and providing nutrition assessment and advice.
Skill Level: 2
- Artificial Insemination Technician
311114 - Aquaculture or Fisheries Technician
Assists Aquaculture Farmers and Fisheries Scientists in raising and managing aquatic stock by undertaking onshore and offshore technical fish husbandry tasks sampling water and analysing data from ponds, pens and tanks and identifying common diseases and pests, and performs tests and experiments and provides technical support in areas such as research, production, servicing and marketing.
Skill Level: 2
- Fisheries Technical Officer
- Hatchery Technician (Aquaculture)
311115 - Irrigation Designer
- Irrigation Planner
Designs and plans irrigation systems according to licencing, climatic and environmental considerations, water source availability, crop type, and soil characteristics.
Skill Level: 2
Work and Live in Australia:
Get Your Skills Assessed for Skilled Migration Today!
To be eligible for skilled migration visas in Australia, it is mandatory to have your skills assessed for points tested visas, employer sponsored, graduate migrant, and temporary graduate.
Get your skills assessed by experienced professionals who will guide you through the process and maximize your chances of skilled migration to Australia.
Book a consultation
Book your Migration Consultation today and take the first step towards your dream life in Australia. Our experts are waiting to guide you every step of the way.Book a consultation