Change Country:
Migration Expert USA is a private immigration company with a team of highly experienced migration attorneys, lawyers and specialists who represent clients from across the globe wishing to apply for a US visa. Migration Expert provides fee-based services in addition to the official government charges to advise, assist and represent our clients through the often-complex visa application process.
All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the US Government subject to lodging a valid application using the free forms available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Expert is not affiliated with the US Government and act independent in the interests of our clients.
Registered US Immigration Lawyers MARA Registered Australian Immigration Consultants OISC Registered UK Immigration Consultants ICCRC Registered Canadian Immigration Consultants

USA Immigration News

Do I qualify for


5 New Countries Added to H2A and H2B Visa Programs

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in consultation with the Department of State have published a list of 58 countries whose citizens are eligible to participate in the H-2A and H-2B programs for 2012.

Haiti, Iceland, Montenegro, Spain and Switzerland have been added to the exisiting list of 53 eligible countries for the visa programs for the first time this year.

The H-2A visa program allows U.S. employers to bring foreign workers to the U.S to fill temporary agricultural jobs while the H-2B visa program enables U.S. employers to offer employment to foreign nationals for temporary non-agricultural positions.

USCIS will only approve visa petitions for nationals of countries designated by the Secretary of Homeland Security as eligible to participate in the two visa programs.

The status of temporary workers already living in the U.S under the H-2A or H-2B visa programs will not affected by this new list, unless they apply to change or extend their status.

The full list of 58 countries is now available and each country's designation is valid for one year from 18 January 2012.

If you are interested in Visas to USA, contact Migration Expert for information and advice on which visa is best suited to you. You can also try our visa eligibility assessment to see if you are eligible to apply for a visa to the United States of America.


RSS Feed